Methods of genome analysis
This lecture course, accompanied by a practical exersise, is being offered in summer semester. It is suitable for bioinformatics students of the 4th semester and higher. For students taking Bioinformatics as a minor subject lecture courses "Inroduction to bioinformatics I and II" are a prerequisite for participation in this course.
- Mount, D. Bioinformatics: Sequence and Genome Analysis, second edition. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004.
- Pevsner, J. Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics, John Wiley, 2003.
- Brown, T.A. Genomes 3, Garland Science, 2007.
- Barnes, M. Bioinformatics for Geneticists: A Bioinformatics Primer for the Analysis of Genetic Data, second edition. John Wiley, 2007.
- Lesk, A. Introduction to Genomics, Oxford University Press, 2007
List of topics
Genome analysis: an overview
Signals in DNA
Gene prediction in prokaryotes
Introduction to operons
Gene prediction in eukaryotes